Table of Contents
Are the different categories of Health Checks making your head spin?The process of booking a Health Check is quite simple! The first step is to go to MediBuddy! The Health Check tile will be right on the homepage.Once you select the City for the Health Check, you will be asked to ‘Select A Category’. Under this, you will have many options. We are here to explain these categories in detail so that you can pick a Health Check best suited for you!
MASTER HEALTH CHECK
Sometimes, health issues lurk silently without showing any symptoms. In such cases, a Master Health Check helps nip health issues in the bud through early detection. This comprehensive health check provides the ‘big picture’ of your health, as the tests assess your complete health profile. The Master Health Check should be taken once a year.
- Suggested for: People with a family history of lifestyle-related health issues, aged 30 and above.
- Tests* included: Involves kidney profile, lipid profile and liver profile tests and also includes physical evaluation which tests your blood pressure, pulse rate, waist-to-hip ratio and a routine check of your height and weight.
EXECUTIVE HEALTH CHECK
Too busy to get a health check done? Then the Executive Health Check is designed for you! The blood samples for your health check can be collected from your home for certain packages** (Use the ‘Filter’ to find these packages). This serves the purpose of a general health check.
- Suggested for: Working Professionals
- Tests* Included: Biochemistry, Haemogram, Kidney Function Test, Lipid Profile, Liver Function Test and more.
PREVENTIVE HEALTH CHECK
The health checks in this category not only identify health risk factors but also helps detect illnesses at an early stage. The two-fold advantage of early detection and timely treatment, makes a Preventive Health Check an invaluable addition to assess your health status. What’s more- it can be done from the comfort of your home! The blood samples for your health check can be collected from your home.**
- Suggested for: Anyone aged 30 and above.
- Tests* included: Bio Chemistry, Haemogram, Kidney Function Test, Lipid Profile, Liver Function Test and more.
DIABETES HEALTH CHECK
This category enlists packages with a focus on Diabetes. From detection to maintenance of the condition, these packages cover a range of blood tests and consultations. Read more on diabetes here.
- Suggested for: Anyone with a family history of diabetes, as well as diabetics.
- Tests* Included: Fasting Blood Sugar, Post Prandial Blood Sugar, hbA1c and other BioChemistry tests; Lipid Profile, Haemogram, Lipid Profile, Liver Function and other tests.
CARDIAC HEALTH CHECK
Here you'll find packages including cardiologist consultations which assess the health of your heart to help you take preventive action. If you already have a heart condition, these health checks will help you regulate the condition. Read more about heart diseases here.
- Suggested for: People in their 20s | Anyone with a high BMI | Anyone with a family history of heart disease or heart patients.
- Tests* included: ECG, Echo, ECG 2D Echo, TMT Stress Test and other tests in Cardiac Profile; Biochemistry, Lipid Profile, Kidney Function Test, Thyroid Profile and more.
CANCER HEALTH CHECK
A Cancer Health Check can help discover the disease before symptoms appear, at a stage when chances for treatment are better. Read more about the common types of cancer here.
- Suggested for: Anyone with a family history of cancer, as well as others falling in the risk factors for different cancers.
- Tests* included: In addition to the regular tests, Cancer Antigen 125 (CA 125), Prostate Specific Antigen ( PSA) and CBC, Carcinoembryonic Antigen (CEA), PAP Smear and Mammogram may be included.
Now that you have a clear idea on what the categories mean, let's go back to MediBuddy to book your health check from your chosen category! You can also filter the health check to get gender or age-specific packages. [av_promobox button='yes' label='Explore MediBuddy' link='https://www.medibuddy.in/?utm_source=blog_cta&utm_medium=blog' link_target='' color='blue' custom_bg='#f00' custom_font='#ffffff' size='large' icon_select='no' icon='ue800' font='entypo-fontello'] Got a gist of different types of Health Checks? Now, get the right Health Check for YOU! [/av_promobox]