Covid-19 Hospitalization Guidelines
Table of Contents
COVID Pre Hospitalization Checklist
If you stay in an apartment or in a residential complex, inform your President/secretary or other designated coordinator.
If you have insurance, get all the documents ready (Family members are not allowed to accompany patients).
Keep your prescriptions and medical files ready.
Pack your belongings for 14 days. Don’t forget to pack your daily medications, if any, and other items such as dry fruits etc.
Ensure you have taken your credit card, cheque book, banking details etc. for the payments at the Hospital.
Note down the name and phone number of your primary contacts in the last 7 days. If you had visited any public place like shops, office, parties, gatherings etc. list it down along with date and time. Keep this list ready to hand over to the hospital.
Ensure you have packed your mobile charger, cable, power bank, laptop.
If your household help, cook or driver are primary contacts, ensure that your family members inform them immediately.
In case there are changes in the Hospital or CCC after you leave your home, please call and inform your family members.
Precautions to be taken until arrival of ambulance for COVID-19+ve Cases
- Monitor your body temperature every 4 hours.
- If you have a Pulse Oximeter, monitor the Oxygen concentration levels every 4 hours. If your Oxygen level is less than 95%, call the emergency COVID ambulance. You need emergency attention.
- Do salt water gargling every 3 hours.
- Eat healthy food and ensure you are well hydrated.
- Isolate and stay away from your family members.
- Try and organise a few N95 masks and wear them.
- If you feel like freshening up, please do so, ensuring that the safety of the others around you isnot compromised.
- In case of breathing discomfort or health issues, call your local emergency COVID helpline.
- Stay calm and rest till your bed has been confirmed or in cases of confirmation, until your ambulance arrives.
Download the checklist of precautions here.
Important Points Regarding COVID-19 Hospitalization
- COVID-19 test reports & Aadhar card copy must be kept handy when getting touch with the Medi Assist helpline team, as it is required to seek admission to the hospital for a COVID-19 case.
- Turnaround time for a response to get admission in a hospital will be based on the requirement and external conditions. It could range from 2-6 hours.
- In the case of a new admission or a request for change of bed/hospital, the Medi Assist team will work with the associate to get a confirmation as quickly as possible.
- Preference will be given to senior citizens at hospitals considering the current situation.
- Certain hospitals may prefer immediate payments and may not support cashless hospitalisations during this time. In this case, a reimbursement claim can be made at a later stage by the employee. Or, allow the Medi Assist team to look for another network hospital with a cashless facility.
- Shifting of patients from Government to Private hospitals is regulated and It is under discretion of local governing authorities.
- All Standalone tests for COVID-19 positive are payable with a valid doctor’s prescription within 30 days from pre or post hospitalization claims.