Headaches are a part of daily life. The constant irritation from the feeling can make it difficult to focus. Anything from stress and exertion to tension or hormones can be the cause of your headache. That’s why it is important to understand the type of headache you have.
Types of Headaches
The easiest differentiator between different types of headache is the location of the pain, nature of it and triggers that cause the onset of such discomfort. Here is a list the different types of headaches that could hinder daily life and functioning.
- Migraine - It is characterised by headache and nausea occurring simultaneously. Apart from these the other symptoms are throbbing pain at the back of the head, sensitivity to light and sound. Migraine triggers can be anything from light, sound, smell, hormonal conditions, emotional turmoil to improper food habits, sleep deprivation etc.
- Tension headaches – This is one of the top causes of headaches. Stress, emotional turmoil, anxiety and others are directly responsible for triggering this painful condition. Such headaches usually cause pain all over the head and it can be treated with mild painkillers.
- Headaches due to hormonal causes – This is a type of headache that affects women mostly. Associated with a woman’s menstrual cycle, it is also known as menstrual migraine.
- Caffeine induced headaches – Having too much coffee or quitting is both related to this form of headache. This occurs because the blood flow to the brain gets affected by caffeine consumption.
Natural remedies for headaches
Though popping a pain-killer seems like the easy way out, give natural headache remedies a try.Here are some of the best headache relief techniques that can help:
- Massaging lavender and peppermint essential oils.
- Consuming herbs like feverfew and butterbur.
- Staying hydrated.
- Indulging in a detox bath.
- Including more Magnesium rich food items in the daily diet.
[av_promobox button='yes' label='Book A Consultation On MediBuddy' link='https://www.medibuddy.in/?utm_source=blog_cta&utm_medium=blog' link_target='' color='blue' custom_bg='#f00' custom_font='#ffffff' size='large' icon_select='no' icon='ue800' font='entypo-fontello']Most headaches come and go. Some persist for a distressing amount of time. In cases like these, consulting a doctor is the best way forward.[/av_promobox]