All that you need to know about the cost of gynecomastia surgery
Gynecomastia is a common hormonal disease in men that affects up to 65% of the male population. This condition develops due to changes in hormonal levels during puberty. Enlarged breasts and obesity are the most common symptoms of Gynecomastia. These symptoms are usually treatable.
Weight reduction and working out, particularly chest exercises, are quite helpful for treating Gynecomastia. In extreme cases, male breast reduction surgeries are also recommended. Here is a complete guide on everything you need to know about the cost of Gynecomastia Surgery.
What are the symptoms of Gynecomastia?
Symptoms of Gynecomastia are usually self-diagnosable. The most common symptoms are as follows:
- Breast tissues swell up.
- Pain in the breasts.
- Tenderness in nipples.
- Sensitivity in nipples.
- Discharge from nipples (a rare symptom)
Gynecomastia Surgery By Liposuction Technique
Male breast reduction is the most preferred surgery for Gynecomastia (if it causes enlargement of breasts in men). During a quick procedure, the excess glandular tissues and fat are removed. This provides the patient with a more masculine stature and a firmer chest. Male breast reduction is categorized as plastic surgery because it alters the physique of the patient through surgical means.
Liposuction is a very common technique that is used for male breast reduction surgery. It is less invasive and does not take much time. Small incisions near the areolar region or the armpit can easily be used to remove the extra glandular tissues. However, surgery is not often required unless the pain increases or there is some discharge from the breasts. In cases like these, consult a doctor as soon as possible.
Factors affecting Gynecomastia Surgery Cost in India
Talking about the average range for gynecomastia surgery, the cost ranges from ₹48,000 to ₹90,000. There are roughly four factors that can affect the Gynecomastia Surgery cost:
- Amount of fat removed: The first factor that affects the cost of this surgery is the amount of glandular tissues and fat removed from the breasts. The more fat is removed, the more the cost.
- Technology: Use of more advanced technology costs much more than regular technology.
- Contouring or sculpting techniques: After the fat tissues are removed, a surgeon will also contour your chest according to your body's proportions. The total cost of Gynecomastia surgery also depends on the contouring technique used.
Cost of Gynecomastia Surgery: City Wise List
Things To Keep In Mind During Gynecomastia Treatment
Before you go ahead with your Gynecomastia Surgery, here are a few factors that you need to keep in mind.
- Experience and skills: Since it is a type of plastic surgery, experience and skills are an important aspect of Gynecomastia Surgery. Choose only the best facility that has a high success rate in Gynecomastia Surgery.
- Know what you want: Apart from your surgeon's experience, it is also important that you know what you want. Make sure that you do your research and convey your expectations before going in for the surgery.
- Board certified cosmetic surgeon: Sometimes a surgeon can be experienced in other plastic surgeries but chest contouring or liposuction is not always a part of their training process. However, a board-certified surgeon would definitely be eligible for such a job.
Gynecomastia is a hormonal disease that may or may not cause problems in your usual lifestyle. It does not cause any life-threatening problems in your body. However, if the symptoms escalate it is always advised to consult a doctor immediately. Medibuddy provides a wide range of consultations for Gynecomastia surgery. You can book your appointment to consult with the most experienced doctors today!